Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Killing Floor by Lee Child

I wrote this review back in Dec 2008 and it is totally crappy but I am adding the book synopsis in hopes that it won't suck too much.

Description courtesy of Paperbackswap.com

When Jack Reacher first shows up in Margrave, Georgia, the local cops arrest him for murder. While Jack is still reeling from the obviously false accusation, he finds out that the dead man is his own estranged brother. Then, it seems that anyone else that he's made contact with is also dead. The town-wide conspiracy has Jack running in circles, but with a little help from the new (and not yet corrupted) chief of detectives, and a young female officer who's taken a shine to him, he may be able to figure out just what is going on in this strange town..

My Crappy Review

I found I liked Jack Reacher a lot. I wasn't so sure at first but he has a type of charm that you can't help but like. I kept picturing a young Dolph Lundgren (from Rocky IV) as Reacher. OK, so he killed at least half a dozen men with very little remorse and he did jump into bed with the first available woman he met...I still liked him. I liked that during the investigation the reader was privy to his thinking patterns and his methodology in solving the crime. This thriller was a great intro into Jack's wandering life and I can't wait to read more.

End Crappy Review

I gave the book 4 stars which is not bad but I wish I would have written some notes or something about the book that I could have refreshed my mind with because this review doesn't ring too many bells. Luckily, I do remember some odd scenes from the book but will not include them here because I don't want to spoil the book for anyone else.

No comments: