Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sex, Lies, and Online Dating by Rachel Gibson

I read this book and wrote a review of it back in March of 2009 but never posted to my blog. Making up for it now.

Lucy is a mystery writer who is doing a little research on her next "victims" in her newest work in progress so she thinks to do a little online dating. While meeting with a handful of internet men named "luvstick" and "bigdaddy182" for the sake of her job she comes across a man who is completely different then the losers she had been sharing her Starbucks lattes with. Of course "hardluvinman" isn't all forthcoming with her either. He is Quinn and undercover homicide detective who is on the case of a serial killer who kills men after meeting them on the internet.

This is my first book by Rachel Gibson and it won't be my last. I very much liked Lucy and her sense of humor. I read a review where the reader was very annoyed with Lucy saying she was TSTL (too stupid to live) so throughout the book I kept looking for signs. Throughout the book Lucy was consistant and her feeling seemed spot on with what I think I would feel had I been in her shoes. Just when I thought that other reader must be mistaken WHAMMO!!!! Not 20 pages left in the book Lucy turned TSTL. So, did I chuck the book across the room in discust? Nope. I read it through til the end and decided that even though Lucy did go dumb on me I still liked her.

I really think that this was a great book. Perhaps not an excellent one but a book that made me want to read on to get to the happily ever after part. It also is making me go find the other books by her because it appears that Lucy's friends also have books too. I gave this book 4 stars and had it not had that groan moment it probably would have been 4.5 stars.

No comments: