Thursday, May 6, 2010

Not Another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson

I found this review that I wrote up after reading Not Another Bad Date but never got around to posting it on my blog. So, it's very late (wrote it April 2009) but here it is.


Adele Harris is a Sci Fi/ Fantasy author who rushes from her home in Idaho to be with her older sister in her time of crisis. She never really wanted to go back to her small Texas town after having left 14 years ago with a broken heart. But there she was, back in town only to run into the man who broke her heart.


This is the basic plot for the book but not all of it. Adele also swears she has been cursed because for the past 3 years she has had one horrible date after another. Come to find out, she really was cursed but what I didn't find completely clear is when she was cursed. Yes she started having the bad dates 3 years ago but the person who cursed her had it out for her over a decade earlier. I am not sure why all of a sudden 3 years ago she would have "cursed" Adele. Not to mention the one who was doing the curse was pretty self centered so I am not sure she really would have thought one way or another about unimposing Adele.


With that said, over all the book was good. It was a very quick read and very steamy. There was an element of paranomal where we see into the after life of a the deceased wife of Zach. Although this was not a major part of the book I really enjoyed this aspect of it and wish that there was more.

Adele's story is part of a small series by Gibson but can be read as a stand-alone. I have read the first book and now the fourth book. I enjoyed them enough to look for the other 2 in the series.
 

No comments: