Sunday, August 28, 2022

An Omega Bear for Kit by Lorelei M. Hart and Colbie Dunbar



Title: An Omega Bear for Kit

Author: Lorelei M. Hart and Colbie Dunbar

Series: #2 in the Bruin Ridge Bear-Ginnings series

Genre: M/M Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Surrendered Press (May 22, 2022)

Source: Kindle Unlimited

Rating: ☕☕☕


Synopsis: Grant didn't know an omega could become Beta of his Bear Den, but that's exactly what just happened.

Omega bear shifter Grant loves all of the positive changes that his den has seen since their new Alpha arrived. Now that he has food in his bellym, a comfortable place to live, and a taste of the human world, he yearns to take another step and do what no one from his den has attempted--get a college education. If only he was brave enough to ask.

Alpha mountain lion shifter Kit enjoys his life in the city. Great food, fun nightlife, andf best of all... no pack politics. That's until his pack's Alpha sends word he's needed at home. Kit has no choice but to agree and decides to take a detour to the Bruin Ridge shifters to visit his old roommate, their new Alpha. Anything to delay the inevitable.

Kit's short trip is complicated when he scents his true mate and doubly complicated when Grant, his fated, is name den Beta.

An Omega Bear of Kit is the seond book in the Bruin Ridge Bear-ginning series, a sweet with knotty heat M/M Mpreg Shifter Romance by the popular writing team of Colbie Dunbar and Lorelei M. Hart. It features an alpha mountin lion thrown into a role he is woefully unprepared for, an omega bear trying to find his place, a den beginning to thrive, an unexpected position, true lovem, fatedf mates, and of course, an adorable baby. If you love your shifters hawt, your omegas strong, and your mpreg with heart, download your copy of An Omega Bear for Kit today.


My Thoughts: While I didn't like this book nearly as much as the first it held my interest from the first page to the last.


The Good, The Bad, and Everything Else: So, I honestly don't know why I didn't connect to Grant and Kit as much as I did Aspen and Lucian other than Lucian's plight caught me in my feels and both Grant and Kit were just, well, there. Not saying their tumultuous relationship wasn't worth reading about because it certainly was. I just found it to be more angsty than anything else. They are not necessarily star-crossed lovers but each of the separate lives dictated they were on different paths. It was Kit's situation that made for them not being able to be together and I while I did feel for them, I just didn't like the situation. We had a healthy dose of tyrannical Alphas from the former Bruin Ride Bear Alpha in the first book, so, having yet another one in Kit's pride was a bit too much for me. 

I thought Grant was an exceptional character though and his battle with his bear was captivating. Although Grant was an Omega, I'd venture to say his bear was a little bit alpha with how strong he was. 

The love story between Kit and Grant was lovely and although this was a short novel (as they all are) I felt it was well balanced between the spicy sex, the angsty plot, the fated mate trope, the character development (even though Grant was more fleshed out than Kit), and the insta-love I love you's.


In a Nutshell: I'm still hooked on this series and I'm looking forward to the 3rd book a lot.





No comments: