So I found another reading challenge and thought I would participate. It is a Harlequin/Silhoutte reading challenge. Although I would have liked to have this challenge be a little longer it does have 5 prompts to read 5 different Harlequin/Silhouette books for the year. Since I am not starting this until probably August I guess 5 isn't so bad. The following is what appears on Yvonne's blog here on blogspot.
I loved doing the Harlequin/Silhouette Romance Reading Challenge last year and now it's time to get ready for 2009. This challenge will begin on January 1, 2009 and run through December 31, 2009. The rules are a bit different this year, but not by much. Here are the rules...All of the books have to be from either the Harlequin or Silhouette imprint. It doesn't matter which one. The challenge is...
1) Read 1 book with a holiday theme. Holly and Mistletoe--Susan Mallery
2) Read 1 book by an author you never read before. The Christmas Husband--Mary Anne Wilson
3) Read 1 book with one of these words in the title - wedding, marriage, husband or wife The Dream Wedding--MJ Rodgers
4) Read 1 book set in a place you've never been before. Lost Calling--Evelyn Vaughn (france)
5) Read 1 book with a body of water in the title (i.e. water, lake, river, island, etc.) Shadows on the Lake--Leona Karr
That's a total of 5 books for the year.
A few additional things...
1) You can change books in the middle of the year, nothing is written in stone!
2) Books used in this challenge may be used in other challenges.
3) Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebook.
4) Please sign up by commenting to this post.
5) Please come back and post your reviews as you read the books for the challenge.
6) Please link us to your blog using one of these buttons...There will be a prize at the end of the challenge. I don't know what it will be yet, but everyone who completes the challenge will be entered into the contest!