Thursday, February 18, 2010

Another "article" filled with romance bashing....

So on Heather's blog which you can find here she commented about an article written for the Berkley Beacon from Emerson college. I think the author (and I use that term loosely) was trying to be funny. You want funny...make sure you go to SmartBitches and read their comments here.

So the gist of the blog is that this woman, I am actually assuming the author is a woman based on the name on the byline but in all actuality that would be a little narrow minded of me, so maybe Kimya Kavehkar is actually a dude. Oh anyway, the gist of the "article" is that this person took 4 books and judged them by their cover and did a mini-review of the books. Or at least that is what it appears to be at first glance. There is no introduction as to why Kimya chose these particular books, there is little to the reviews other then a paragraph that appears to be the back blurb synopsis rewritten in snarky text, and the entire article seems to be more about romance author/reader bashing then anything.

By reading the comments it is very apparent that I am not the only romance reader that was insulted by the blog. Many of the comments are wonderful and although I did have to put my two cents in I couldn't have stated my thoughts as elloquently as many of the ladies did.

If you are interested in the actual article you can find it here.

No comments: