I have numerous challenges that I try to complete throughout the year and this is one of my favorite. It has it's own group site on Shelfari.com the link to that group site is http://www.shelfari.com/groups/25176/about. We also use a blog here at blogspot to add our reviews and such for the group. The link for that one is linked to my title up above. Every 3 months we have new prompts of 15 books. Here is the information.....
Winter 09 Challenge FAQ’s December 1 – February 28
A big Thanks to everyone for help in making this list!!!
1. Select ANY number of books to read that fit the category.
2. Post your list on the discussion board and blog (Name’s Winter 09 Challenge List)
3. If you need title suggestions please use the Discussion titled WINTER TITLE SUGGESTIONS if you don't see it please search (to try and minimize number of discussions)
4. Once you have read a book please find the corresponding discussion by searching you can search by 09 Winter # and use the number that corresponds with the list. (one will be created for each number on December 1, again, to try and minimize number of discussions) and post the book and title you read and rating, and review.
5. It is not required, but if you could post your review on the blog that would be great.
6. Reviews on the blog please include labels list the rating, author, and # of challenge only.
7. Audio books are okay
8. Rereads are okay
9. You can change your list at anytime
1. Read a book that was read in the Fall Challenge
2. Read a book with a cheesy cover
3. Read a Julia Quinn Book
4. Read a romance that starts as a friendship http://www.likesbooks.com/friendly.html
5. Read a book with “ICE” or “FIRE” in the title
6 Read a book that is a Cabin/Road Romance http://www.likesbooks.com/cabinroad.
7. Reader’s Choice (Author last name A-K)
8. Reader’s Choice (Author last name L-Z)
9. Read a book with a color in the title
10. Read a book that has a setting other than the U.S. or England
11. Read a book with a "magic" element (time travel, miracles, magic, psychic, angels...whatever this means to you!)
12. Read a book that is a stand alone (not part of any series)
13. Read a new to you author
14. Read a book that has a three word title
15. For Winter, Read a book that has a “W” word in the title