Friday, April 1, 2022

Sweeping Ashley by Eve Langlais


Title: Sweeping Ashley

Author: Eve Langlais

Narrator: Troy Duran

Series: #2 in the Grim Dating series

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Publisher: Eve Langlais (February 10, 2021)

Source: Hoopla Library Find

Rating: ☕☕☕


Synopsis: Sometimes love is messy.


In exchange for some witchy powers, Ashley promised the Devil her firstborn, but when the time comes to pay her due, she has nothing to give.


With Lucifer insisting that she fulfill the terms of her contract, Ashley turns to Grim Dating for help. There’s only one problem—they’re having a hard time finding her perfect match.


Which is where Derrick comes in.


He’s the company’s problem solver; however, even he has no idea how to get a prim and proper witch to let loose. Frustration leads to him kissing her, but he never meant to seduce her.


…or fall in love.


However, his witch isn’t interested in more than a one-night stand. And when an angel gets involved, the reaper realizes he’d best do a better job of sweeping Ashley off her feet.


Or risk losing her forever.


My Thoughts: While I didn't love this as much as I did the first book in the series it was an OK addition to the series.


The Good, The Bad, and Everything Else: I really don't feel this book was nearly as good as the first in the series. I loved the first one despite some things others may have disliked. Unfortunately, this one was lacking the intensity I thought the first did. The connection Ashley and Derrick had wasn't really there for me as the couple from the first book was. They definitely had heat though and I liked they got their HEA. As with the first book in the series my very favorite thing was the narration of Troy Duran. His vocals elevated the experience so much but unfortunately it elevated to an average book.


Honestly, I'm living for Lucifer's interference and wish there was more. I still love the idea the "good guys" are Lucifer and his 9th favorite Grim Reaper and 2nd most wicked witch and the "bad guys" are angels. I'm hoping to see more of the "good guys" and more Luc. I love him. 

In a Nutshell: I'll continue on with the series and only on audio based purely on Troy Duran's narration. I don't think if I'd read this book myself I would have liked it nearly as well and continuing on with the series may have not been an option. 



No comments: