This fun challenge is great for me (and everyone I know) to get rid of some of those TBR books that just keep stacking up and up and up. I like that it is specific in that your chosen books have to be at least 6 months old. I have books laying around my apartment that I have had for 20 years (sad but true.) The blog title will link you back to the original post. Here are Miz B's rules.....
** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31. )
By the end of the year you should’ve knocked 12 books off of your TBR list! (of course, if you’re anything like me, you’ll have added *at LEAST* 12 more to the ever-growing pile by then! LOL).
The good news is, though, that you’ll be making some progress! ;o)
Additional rules/guidelines for this challenge:
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing!
My list......some are carrying over from the 2010 challenge that I didn't get to.
1-Blood Bound by Patricia Biggs
2-Darkling by Yasmine Galenorn
3-She's No Faerie Princess by Christine Warren
4-No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
5-The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter
6-Your Coffin Or Mine? by Kimberly Raye
7-Evermore by Lynn Viehl
8-Lover Avenged by JR Ward
9-Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon
10-Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning
11-Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
12-First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
1-The Nerd Who Loved Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson
2-Tangled up In You by Rachel Gibson