Friday, June 14, 2013

Feature & Follow #153

  
As you may or may not know I'm really trying to do a lot more for my poor neglected book blog. This includes trying to put out more reviews (which would help if I actually was reading more books but that is besides the point), reading and commenting on more blogs that I follow and participating in more memes.

Now, awhile back I may have gone a little meme crazy and may have participated in waaaaaay too many. (I admit nothing!) What's different this time is that I'm only going to do a couple a week now instead of one every day. Trust me, there are memes out that for every day of the week but I just can't bring myself to go that route (again)(maybe)(still admitting nothing!) What I want to do is get my blog back to my original vision. A book blog featuring my reviews with a few fun things thrown in instead of the other way around.

With that said, this particular meme is one that I believe in and love. Feature & Follow is a wonderful way to get our book blogs out there and find like minded readers' blogs too. This is now the 153rd F&F but my first. It is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read and is a little different than the typical Follow/Hop type memes because once a week they feature one special blogger on each of their blogs. Love that idea!

They also have a weekly question to post and answer. This week's question is...

Q: Activity: Spine Poetry. Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.


 A: Yikes! Here's where I have to admit that creativity is not my strong point. I am the least creative person in my little world as a matter of fact. I'm more comfortable crunching some numbers than crocheting or scrapbooking or whatever else you creative people do. Numbers make sense to me. Stringing colorful beads into a necklace does not.

So, I have to share then, my favorite poem. Emily Dickinson's This Is My Letter To The World Although there is an obvious religious statement within the poem I always connected to it anyway, having felt that I was judged harshly by others no matter what message I was trying to convey. Judged and dismissed.

Since I'm talking Emily Dickinson I'd be remiss to not include my second favorite poem Because I Could Not Stop For Death. A bit morbid but I love it anyway.

Now, if for some reason I do come down with a high fever coupled with delirium and/or possessed by a crafty creative demon where I manage to create a line of poetry worthy of posting I'll do so. I wouldn't hold your breath though. I can't have that on my conscience. Not that you'd die or anything from holding your breath...unless you do it while handcuffed and chained and wearing a straight jacket while submerged in an underwater lock box. But why would you do that? For reals...we're readers people. We read about that crap...we don't do it.

Photobucket

10 comments:

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

Hi there! I don't really read poetry, so I haven't heard of this. Thanks for sharing, though. :)

My Feature & Follow

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

:P Made an uhoh with my last comment!

Anyways, Emily was always one of my faves!

Thanks for visiting and following my blog. Returning the follow!

Have a GREAT weekend!

NEW Follower :D

Unknown said...

Emily Dickenson is classic. I haven't read much poetry and not for a very long time. Loved your post-creative demon LOL :D Thanks for stopping by this week. I'm following you back via GFC. Have a great weekend!

Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

Danielle Annett said...

Great Post
Now Following :)
Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
My FF http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

great pic! Like that you put a pic of the author too!

New follower!

Here's My FF

Amber @Paradise of Pages

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction said...

Your post totally made me laugh! I'm a new follower via GFC and BlogLovin' (since GFC is supposedly going away).

You can find my poem here.

bookbitereviews said...

Thanks for stopping by mine!
New Follower
Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

Meredith said...

Ha! You are too funny. Love the poems.

I'm a new GFC follower.

Meredith
Meredith’s Musings

Stuffed Shelves said...

I'm a new Bloglovin Follower! I'd love if you could follow back! Check out my FF
Love,
Elizabeth @ Stuffed Shelves