Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Lord Immortality by Alexandra Ivy

New Ivy Cover
Old Raleigh Cover
Synopsis: Amelia Hadwell has no time for London's nightlife. Not when her beloved brother's odd ways have their family threatening to institutionalize him. And not when she is questioning her own sanity after being confronted by a murderous shadow creature - then being saved by a captivating stranger, a man who belongs to a world she cannot imagine. Reserved and scholarly, Sebastian St. Ives has been content without human desires - until they are reawakened by the delicate, brave Amelia, whom he is meant to protect. For the young woman has no idea she possesses the key to a ravenous vampire's dark victory. Now Sebastian must shield her from both a killer and his own growing attraction - or bond with her completely, and forever.

My Thoughts: This was just re-released in ebook which I received via NetGalley and found that it was very lacking. It lacked passionate characters and it lacked length to fully realize it's plot. It left a big dangly bit hanging with no closure which had consumed a fairly large portion of the book too. The ending wrapped up the continuing tie in plot-line that tied in this book with the other two in the Immortal Rogues (aka My Lord) trilogy which seemed a bit anti-climactic. This is the only one I've read by the way.

Originally these books were published by Zebra publishing in 2003 as short regency romances that reminds me of a Harlequin/Silhouette category series under the name Debbie Raleigh (the trilogy was called My Lord under the Raleigh name). They are being re-released under her pseudonym Alexandra Ivy, in my opinion, to capitalize on the popularity of her Guardians of Eternity series. On an interesting note Nefri an ancient vampiress who bestowed the three amulets onto the three mortal women in this trilogy has her own book coming out in July. The upcoming book is part of her Guardians of Eternity series written as Ivy. This is another reason I think these books were re-released now.

I don't think that even if the plot had been completely wrapped up I would have enjoyed it more. The characters were so completely flat that I found I was never fully immersed into them. I read the book. I didn't live it.

No comments: