Friday, March 26, 2010

The Friday 56

I am horribly addited to finding new memes. This one has been making the rounds. I found it on readingatthebeach blog but she links back to Tonya's blog at storytimewithtonya. No matter who started it I love the idea of a shared scheduled specific glimps at a random book. So, here are the instructions.....




Rules:




* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.


* Turn to page 56.


* Find the fifth sentence.


* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.


*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.


* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


HAPPY FRIDAY!
So, the closest book to me right now is...

Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz

Page 56 lines 5, 6, 7 and 8....

"Zackary Jones. Call me Zack. I'm here to make a deal with you."
Okay, obviously she had just fallen down the rabbit hole.


Strange but true...I was reading this book earlier today and brought it down in case the family race to the computer didn't pan out well for me. I am currently on page 54.. It is now drilling through my OCD (undiagnosed....close friends say that I'm just super anal) brain that I have to stop what I am doing so I can read the book up to the end of the chapter now that I have teased myself with this meme. Oh, the end of the chapter also happens to be page 56.

Anyway, this book is part of the Arcane Society series written by Jayne Ann Krentz and her pen name Amanda Quick. This is the second book in the series that I have/am reading. The first one was White Lies which I really liked. This will link you to my review if you are interested....White Lies

If you would like to purchase this book it is available at amazon Sizzle and Burn

No comments: