Thursday, February 4, 2010

Romance Reading Challenge 2010


Not to be confused with my RoR Challenge that takes place every 3 months. This is yet another reading challenge that I am joining. Basically it has to do with what I already read. It is just about reading and reviewing romance books. I love it....I love Challenges....I need a 12 step program.

Anyway, Nadia over at The Bookworm has had this little challenge going for 3 years now. Fantastic right? So now here is what she has to say....Oh and my title will link you back to her original post if you are so inclined.....Oh, and I just love this picture that she had (it was among many) I totally love The Princess Bride. Actually the pictures are supposed to be used as buttons to link back to her blog but I am still pretty new on the whole blogging thing that I just can't figure out how to do that so.....my title will link back for your linking pleasure.

I'm happy to say that my Romance Reading Challenge is going into it's third year! Wow! Thank you all who have joined and read and posted thier reviews. That's amazing to me, that I started a challenge and other bloggers joined up and participated, it's really great. I hope you will sign up again this year. So, without further ado, here's the rules:

1. "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love. Here's a few suggestions:
*Twilight By Stephenie Meyer
*Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
*Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
*The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss
*Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen or any other novel by Miss Austen
*Frederica by Georgette Heyer
*The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
*Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti
*Beneath A Marble Sky by John Shors
*The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
*P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
*The Princess Bride by William Goldman

need more suggestions? search through amazon.com Romance Section online for ideas.

2. Choose at least 5 novels read them between Jan 1st though Dec 31st 2010. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
3. Read them at your own pace in 2010 then come here and post the link to your review(s).

No comments: