Anyone who followed my ranting on my myspace blog will already know that I love reality tv. There is something of a compulsion that over takes me when it comes to them. I know they aren't real....but for some reason watching the disfuntionalism between the "characters" makes my life just seem that more normal. I love it!
So I was flipping through the channels and stopped at RealChance for love....or whatever it is called. It is the two rejects Real and Chance (who are brothers by the way) who were both trying to get Ms. New York's love. Chance made it further then Real although I liked Real better then the punk Chance. Ok so their TV show is actually winding down and I didn't even know it was on. I'm not too upset about it though because during a commercial I found Double Shot at Love.
Last season we saw Tela Tequila narrow down a handful of men and a handful of women in her second Shot at Love only to end up with another broken heart. This year...what could top a pint sized Bisexual beauty? Twins. Yep. It's a new low or high (depending on how you look at it) in reality TV. I can't wait for it to start. Well, technically it started last night but as I was sleeping when it came on I will have to see it's rerun.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I have found another cool challenge being hosted by Carpoolqueen. This is what she had to say about this challenge on her blog.
I love trilogies, series, or even just related books by an author. I enjoy the continuity, and getting glimpses of the "Happily Ever Afters" from the previous title. So, in this spirit, I offer you the Serial Readers Challenge 2009. It’s really simple! And for the purpose of this challenge a series is defined as at least 3 related books. I typically read romance but for this challenge any genre is welcome. So this can be done in conjunction with any other challenge. AllAboutRomance.com and Fantasticfiction.com are good resources for finding series!
1. Read books in series/trilogies/related by author. (Julie Garwood’s Lion’s Lady, Castles, The Gift are related.) For a series to count you must read each book in that series during this calendar year. (Rereads and audio books welcome!) If you previously started a series and do not wish to re-read, then only the titles read after 01/01/09 will count towards your total books read. You will not however get "credit" for total series read. Only series started and finished in 09 will count toward the prize for # of series read. For example I started Lynsay Sands Argeneau series this fall. For me to get credit for all 9 books I will need to re-read the first 3 sometime in 09. The series does not have to be read in order, or in succession to "count"! (so if I read #4-9 this spring and next fall re-read #1-3 then I get full credit. Otherwise ...I only get credit for the 5 books read, but not for reading the entire series.) I think I just made that about as clear as mud.
2. The Challenge will begin January 1st and last until December 31st 2009.
3. Post your list on your blog and link it back to this post. Please comment to this post when your link is up. Your list is not something, you need to decide in advance. Please add as you go!
4. Please rate and review each title on your blog. When you do so, please label it SRC or Serial Readers Challenge so we can all read your reviews and maybe be inspired to try a new series for ourselves.
5. There will be prizes! Woo Hoo! Some of the prizes may be simple online trophies, and some will be book give-aways. (Titles to be determined) Prizes will be given for most books read, most # series read, most pages read, and some maybe at random! (my favorite kind!! Yay!)6. To wrap up the challenge next winter, comment to this post linking your wrap-up post by December 31! Prizes will be awarded January 2010!I'm going to post my list as I go.....